No nonsense editor since 2001
CopyWriter is a basic editor for all day use. As a lightweight general purpose editor it is capable of opening *.txt, *.rtf, *.doc and binary files.
CopyWriter 3.03 (2005-09-30)
- Runs on a Pentium 100 Mhz with Windows 95 or from an USB stick
- Opens *.txt, *.rtf and *.doc files
- No usage of the registry (except for file associations)
- RichEdit functionality with multiple undo
- Shortcuts for every function
- Integrated hex viewer for binary files
- Writers mode
- Expand functionality with CopyWriter Utilities
- Bad performance on large files (> 64 kB)
- File formats (open): *.txt, *.rtf *.doc and binary
- File formats (save): *.txt, *.rtf
- Supported file length: 2048 kB
- Memory usage: ~4096 kB RAM / ~1024 kB swapfile
- Operating system: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
- License: Freeware
- Interface languages: English (default), Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Dutch, French, German, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Serbian, Slowak, Swedish, Turkish
To expand functionality CopyWriter features a plugin system called 'Utilities'.
How to add a Utility
- Download the Utility you want.
- Unzip the files and move them to the folder 'Utilities' that can be found in the CopyWriter program folder.
- The Utility can now be accessed via Tools > Utilities.
I can not type or modify any text
CopyWriter uses the the Microsoft RichEdit 3.0 DLL file. Some Windows 95/98 configurations are still equipped with older versions. Download the RichEdit update to fix this problem: RichEdit update (324 kB)
I can not open Microsoft Word files
CopyWriter uses some Microsoft Office converters to open Word files. Check if the files 'Mswrd832.cnv', 'Mswrd632.wpc' and 'Msconv97.dll' can be found in the following folder: 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\TextConv\'. If not, download the Converter pack to fix this problem: Converter pack (241 kB)
Where can I find dictionaries for the Spellcheck utility?
See the CopyWriter documentation file wich is included in every CopyWriter package.
Active development of CopyWriter has ceased, but bugfixes or updates will be released when necessary.
Copyright © 2006 Laurenz van Gaalen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last updated: 2010-04-16
Valid HTML! Revalidate